Which universities offer study abroad programmes in New York?

I've had my heart set on studying in New York for a long time, but a full 3/4 year course is too expensive. I instead hope to spend a year in NY, making connections and gaining experience that will allow me to find work there once I have completed my degree. I'm specifically looking for English/Journalism programmes at any UK uni, that offer the chance to spend a year in New York. Any information would be much appreciated.

This question was asked by Katie Heslop , asked on 24th August 2015 and has been read 4144 times.

  • Global Graduates · 7 years ago

    Hi Katie,

    It sounds like you should be searching for courses along the lines of 'English/Journalism with a Year Abroad'. Most universities that offer a year abroad will give students a wide choice of locations. Even if a university doesn't have an official partnership with a New York university, universities are often happy to let students to go elsewhere if they organise the placement themselves.

    A quick search on Which? University has brought up a range of universities that offer variations on English with a Year Abroad (including Essex, Southampton, Birmingham, Warwick, Kent, Swansea and Exeter) but there will be lots more!

    Good luck!

    The TYA Team

If you would like to contribute to this question, please login or register.