Where can I get an A1 form?

I've been asked by my work placement to produce an A1 form to prove I'm still eligible for UK social security while I'm in France. Does anyone know how to get one as I'm having trouble finding anything about it.

This question was asked by Georgina from The University of Nottingham , asked on 10th September 2014 and has been read 19974 times.

  • Bogi Szabo · 8 years ago

    Hi Georgina,

    The HMRC has some information about this http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/international/ni-abroad.htm

    However the impression I am getting is that you are only eligible for UK social security whilst abroad in Europe if you are still paying UK income tax. This would mean you were still working for a UK company whilst abroad, i.e. your company had sent you to work in France. I assume this is not the case therefore I don't think you are eligible for social security.. However you might be best contacting HMRC by emailing or calling them to get some more information.

If you would like to contribute to this question, please login or register.