Is there a way to transfer money to the US without paying bank charges?

I'm going to Georgetown in the US.

This question was asked by Margot McDonnell from King's College London , asked on 29th December 2014 and has been read 2266 times.

  • Global Graduates · 8 years ago

    Hi Margot,

    Have you checked out TransferWise? They're a really great company that allow you to bypass banks and transfer money all over the world with super low fees! There's an article with more details on

    Hope that's helpful!

    The TYA Team

  • Romy Higgins · 8 years ago

    You can use post office international transfers which doesn't charge but only on a minimum of £250.  I used it in France and Spain to pay my rent.

If you would like to contribute to this question, please login or register.