How can I get cheap home insurance in France? My landlord says I need it.

I'm about to start my semester in Paris and my landlord has basically asked for a home insurance certificate before I move in. Apparently this is standard in France and you legally have to have the cover. Are there any companies which can speak English (and aren't too expensive) ? Ideally I'd like something which will cover my stuff too if anything happens. I'm going to be in Paris until May/ June time so need something fairly temporary.

This question was asked by Robert Jones from The University of Bath , asked on 28th January 2019 and has been read 1350 times.

If you would like to contribute to this question, please login or register.