Global Graduates (www.globalgraduates.com) [hereafter known as ‘Global Graduates’] is founded on the principle of helping people discover new career opportunities. We know that you care about how your personal information is used and shared, and we take your privacy very seriously. By visiting this website, you are accepting the practices outlined in this policy.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this privacy statement, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Information Collected by Global Graduates
We only collect personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our website. This information allows us to provide you with a customised and efficient experience. We collect the following types of information from our Global Graduates users:
- Information You Provide to Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our website or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features.
- Registration: In order for you to use Global Graduates’ user profile services you must complete a registration form. As part of this registration form, we require select personal information.
- User Profile: To allow you to express yourself beyond just the information collected during registration, we enable you to provide additional information, such as name, location, year abroad activities, CV, your past experience and your future aspirations. In addition, you may choose to include photo of yourself in your profile.
- Articles: Users are invited to submit articles about their experiences of international education, travel and careers. These may include personal information.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. Global Graduates and its authorised agents automatically receive and record certain "traffic data" on their server logs from your browser including your IP address, Global Graduates cookie information, and the page you requested.
Global Graduates uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its servers, analyse trends and administer the website.
Global Graduates may collect and, on any page, display the total counts that page has been viewed. This includes User Profile pages.
Many companies offer programs that help you to visit websites anonymously.
While Global Graduates will not be able to provide you with a personalised experience if we cannot recognise you, we want you to be aware that you can access the site without being logged in.
Global Graduates uses personal information collected through the site to authenticate users, to provide services through the site, to tailor and improve those services and to administer our member relationships.
Global Graduates may also use contact details collected through the site to send members [updates, newsletters or other communications] regarding globalgraduates.com and the services available through the site. A member can choose not to receive these communications at any time.
We use the information you provide to personalise your online experience and to deliver the content most suited to your needs. We only use your personal information to respond to your requests and to provide you with information about what we do, unless we obtain your permission to use your information for something else. You can request to be removed from emails or other communications generated as a result of information provided via this site at any time.
2. Email Communications
Global Graduates is very concerned about your privacy and we will never provide your email address to a third party without your explicit permission, as detailed in the "Sharing Your Information" section below. Global Graduates may send out emails with Global Graduates-related news, products, offers, surveys or promotions. You may also receive notification emails from Global Graduates, which inform you of actions (e.g. new supporters, comments, articles, questions, answers, job posts) that have been performed on the site. If you do not want to receive email from us, please visit the Notifications section of your User Profile and/or follow the instructions contained in the unwanted email message. However, please note that in all cases you will continue to receive all system emails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us.
Global Graduates collects information about your use of our website through cookies. Cookies are reference numbers stored on your computer, tablet or smartphone that help websites remember who you are and information about your visit.
What cookies are used on Global Graduates?
- Essential: Some of the cookies on our website are essential for us to be able to provide you with our service. An example of this would be a cookie used to enable you to log into your account on the website or which allows communication between your browser and the website. Our cookie, used to note if you opt out of receiving cookies, is also an essential cookie (ironic?). You may not be able to use our website without these cookies.
- Analytics: Global Graduates uses analytics cookies to help us understand how users engage with our website. An example is counting the number of different people who come to our website or who using a particular feature, rather than the total number of times the site or feature is used. Without this cookie, if you visited the website once each week for three weeks we would count you as three separate users. We would find it difficult to analyse how well our website was performing and improve it without these cookies.
How can I opt out of receiving cookies?
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
4. Sharing Your Information
Because Global Graduates enables people to discover new opportunities, information about the people who use Global Graduates is an integral part of the website. Rest assured that we neither rent nor sell your personal information to anyone and that we will share your personal information only as described below.
- Global Graduates Personnel: Global Graduates personnel and authorised consultants and/or contractors may have access to user information if necessary in the normal course of Global Graduates business.
- Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if Global Graduates, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred.
- User Profile information: Information collected during registration and subsequent visits, such as your full name and location, is only visible to you unless you apply for a role on the site, in which case it is visible to that employer. The User Profile is the area on Global Graduates where we allow you to tell Employers about yourself. You may control what personal information is displayed in your User Profile by visiting the Privacy Settings section of your User Profile.
- Supporters' Activity: Unlike other online social networks, Global Graduates does not allow non-users to browse your user profile. It is only visible to the employer whose job you have applied for.
- Syndication: Global Graduates allows for the RSS syndication of all of its public content within the Global Graduates website.
- With Your Consent: Except as noted above, we will contact you when your personal information is shared with third parties or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, and you will be able to opt out to prevent the sharing of this information.
We treat personal information collected through this website as confidential and will never share it unless you have expressly given us permission to do so. This website has appropriate technical and organisational security measures in place to prevent other disclosures of its members' personal information, other unauthorised or unlawful processing and accidental loss, destruction or damage. Users should be aware, however, that the Internet is by its nature not a secure medium and we cannot therefore give an absolute guarantee of security.
Our website contains links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
5. Keeping Information Secure
Your Global Graduates account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. Protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer.
Only employees who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to it. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices.
6. Ways to Control Display and Use of Your Information
As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information, but then you may be unable to use certain features on our website.
By visiting your User Profile, you can correct, amend, add or delete personal information on our website.
If you do not wish to receive email from us, please visit the Notifications section of your User Profile and/or follow the instructions contained in the unwanted email message.
However, please note that you will continue to receive all system emails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us.
As explained earlier, the "help" portion of the toolbar on the majority of browsers will direct you on how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to command the browser to tell you when you receive a new cookie, or how to fully disable cookies. Please note, however, that if your browser does not accept cookies, you will not be able to take advantage of some of our attractive features.
Users can alter or remove their data at any time through the ‘Account Settings’ page or by emailing email@example.com. Users can delete their account at any time.
Employers have rights of access to, and correction of, information that Global Graduates holds about them, and in limited circumstances they also have rights to object to processing of information about them, under data protection law. An organisation wishing to exercise any of these rights should contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Children Under 16 Years of Age
You must be 16 years and older to register to use the Global Graduates website. As a result, Global Graduates does not specifically collect information about children. If we learn that Global Graduates has collected information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. We recommend that minors between the ages of 14 and 18 ask and receive their parents' permission before using Global Graduates or sending information about themselves or anyone else over the Internet.
9. Conditions of Use