Loans by Jeff Ferzoco

This article was written by Natacha Cullinan, published on 6th February 2010 and has been read 4690 times.

Your first pit-stop should be the Student Loans Company, the trusty student loan accessible to most English undergraduates. If your home is in Scotland, you’ll need to get in touch with the SAAS. Northern Irish students will have to speak to one of the ELBs. EU nationals need not fret— get in touch with the DfES European Team. If you already know you’re going to be studying overseas for more than eight weeks then you may be entitled to apply for the loan at an overseas rate. You will be eligible as long as you are from the UK or the EU, and have lived in the UK for 3 years prior to your course commencing.   Find out about country-specific grants.

If you're preparing to spend time abroad, it's worth considering a Fair FX currency card instead of setting up a foreign bank account. Find out more!

If you would like to comment, please login or register.